The human body is said to be composed of fat body mass and lean body mass. Both are measured as percentage in a ratio. While the fat body mass includes all the body fatty tissues, lean body mass includes the bones, organs and muscles.
The term lean muscle refers to the fact that muscle is part of the lean body mass. The present trend is for fitness fads to have a lean muscle, well sculpted, and toned physique. Fitness professionals, doctors and health institutions suggest increasing the amount of lean muscle which is a lot healthier than a large amount of body fat.
Benefits of lean body mass
Lean body mass is advised for weight loss as it increases metabolism so that you can burn more calories and store less fat. Eating a desired portion of carbohydrates, proteins and fats is vital to building lean muscle. Building lean body mass is essential to improve overall health and fitness.
Lean muscle diet
For building lean muscle, never drastically cut back what is being routinely consumed. The human body requires energy to create muscle mass. Too much reduction in diet encourages the body to start consuming the lean muscle and this can slow down metabolism. No weight can be lost by this procedure.
Specific guidelines explain the types of food you should consume, in terms of calories. For instance, if you consume 1500 calories a day, you might need to consume 300-500 more calories per day to achieve goals. Building lean muscles require eating a well balanced diet including muscle building goods. Protein should be no more than 20% of the diet. Protein should come from fish and poultry and low fat sources. Frying can lead to high levels of saturated fat and is potentially bad for health.
70% of diet should contain carbohydrates and no more than this. Sugars such as the one found in candy and sweets should strictly be avoided. Instead, feed on complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat items and vegetables. High fiber diet is also essential for overall health.
The balance 10-15% of your diet could be fats. These should include healthy fats such as olive oil and omega-3 fatty acids.
Although, gaining and maintaining lean muscles through a low carb diet sounds easy, it is not as easy as it sounds. When you deprive your body of carbs, insulin level is bound to go down. Limited glycogen requires protein stores for fuel. The key here is to reduce carbs, burn fat and maintain protein supplies. The truth is that a fat person tends to build muscles more slowly than a lean one.
There is also the danger of high intensity aerobics further depleting glycogen levels to burn away unwanted fat. Go on a low carb diet for about eight to nine weeks and yet take a break from it for one day to two weeks to give the body mental and physical relief.
MRP or Meal replacement powder provides a perfect, compact meal in a packet that is high in protein, low in fat (some have no fat) are low in carbohydrates. It contains a wide array of vitamins and minerals; besides being low in sugar and cholesterol. It is very nutrient dense and can be mixed very easily and conveniently.
Sample diet for maximum fat burning for male
The idea here is to lose as much fat as possible and as quickly without losing lean muscle tissue.
Meal 1 - 5 oz lean beef or turkey, 6 white eggs, ½ grape fruit
Meal 2 - 12 scoops MRP, 12 -18 oz water
Meal 3 - 8 ounces chicken, 4 cups salad, or 6 oz can tuna or 5 oz chicken, 3 white eggs, 1 whole egg and a tomato.
Meal 4 - 2 to 3 scoops MRP, 12-18 oz water
Meal 5 - 8 ounces lean meat, 2 cups vegetables
On Mondays and Thursdays you can add a 6th meal at the end of the day. 1.5 cups oatmeal, 10 oz sweet potato, 4 oz banana, 1 cup vegetables, 1 tablespoon butter.
Sample diet for maximum fat burning for female
Meal 1 - 4 oz turkey breast, 3 egg whites, 1 yolk, ½ grapefruit
Meal 2 - 1 to 2 scoops. 6 -12 oz water
Meal 3 - 5 ounces chicken, 2 cups salad
Meal 4 - 1 to 2 cups MRP, 6-12 cups water
Meal 5 - 5 oz lean meat, 1 cup vegetables
You can also have on Mondays and Thursdays a 6th meal at the end of the day - ½ cup oatmeal or 2/3 cups white rice, 6 oz sweet potato, 4 oz banana, 1 cup vegetables, 2 tablespoons butter.
Some lean gain diets for females
Meal 1 - 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites, 3 oz 93% lean beef, ½ cup oatmeal before cooking.
Meal 2 - 1 to 2 scoops MRP, 1 to 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream and 12 oz water.
Meal 3 - 5 oz chicken, 4 oz sweet potato, or ½ cup cooked brown rice; 1 cup vegetables or salad with 2 tablespoons low cal dressing or 6 oz chicken or turkey breast. 1 apple or peach
Meal 4 - 1 to 2 scoops MRP, 1 to 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream and 12 oz water.
Meal 5 - 6 oz 93% lean beef, chicken, turkey, fish or sirloin streak 2 cups vegetables - asparagus, broccoli, green peas, spinach or zucchini and 2 teaspoon flax oil.
Sample high calorie diet for lean muscle tissue gainer
Meal 1 - 2 white eggs + 4 white eggs, 6 oz lean beef, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 tablespoon flax oil.
Meal 2 - 3 scoops MRP and 4 tablespoon heavy whipping cream.
Meal 3 - 8 oz chicken, 8 oz sweet potato and 2 cups vegetables
Meal 4 - 3 scoops MRP and 4 tablespoon heavy whipping cream.
Meal 5 - 10 oz sirloin streak, 8 oz sweet potato, 2 cups vegetables
Meal 6 - 3 scoops MRP and 4 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or 6 oz lean beef and 1 cup oatmeal before cooking.
Lean muscle workout
Eating the right diet alone is not sufficient to build lean muscle. You also need a routine workout that includes some weight training but also aerobic activities that improve the functioning of the lungs and heart.
When weight lifting it is imperative to remember to avoid isolated activities that are so designed to increase muscle mass in certain areas of the body such as the biceps. Instead you can do squats, chin ups, and bench presses that are most common training exercises.
While doing workouts, it is essential to know when to stop. Otherwise, chances are that you may push so hard and injure your body. This could be a great setback for building lean muscle efforts. Instead, you could do about 20 repetitions of each exercise a couple of times a week to give the body a chance to heal afterward.
Improve her stamina and create lean body mass:
- First and foremost, measure the body fat percentage before making any dietary changes or exercise changes.
- Strength train to build lean body mass. Major muscle groups such as thighs, hamstrings, glutes, back, chest, shoulders, arms and abdominals should be worked out. Home gyms can be more convenient to use and they are definitely less expensive.
- There is nothing as 'spot reducing'. Unless one sheds the overall body weight, there can be no increase of strength.
- More calories than consumed should be expended. Any activity could be lawn mowing or vacuuming the carpet can help burn calories.
- A cardiovascular training workout is a must. Aerobic exercises increase the number of calories burnt as well as endurance.
- To lose a pound of fat, one needs to create a calorie deficit of 3500 calories. Reducing calorie consumption or increasing activity by 500 calories each day will result in one pound fat loss every week.
Lean muscle exercise
Exercises not only help to lose fat but also increase lean muscle. Exercises work on many muscles at once and total body workouts are the most effective form of training for fat loss and muscle gain. For instance, squats are the best exercise for building lean muscle whilst shedding unwanted fat. Squat could be combined with upper body movements such as shoulder press for greater rewards.
The fantasy body equation:
more muscles worked= more calories burned+ more lean muscles = more fat loss+ more muscle gained.
Some of the most recommended exercises for shedding fat and building lean muscles include:
- Olympic lifts - could be dumbbell, or kettle bell, snatches, high pulls or a combination of all.
- Wood chopping exercises such as Med balls, bands or sandbags.
- Press up combination exercises including knee raise, push up with row and push up with burpee etc.
- Med ball snatch with slam combination.
- Squat combination exercises like squats and press, squat and row, squat and curl etc.
Tips for gaining lean muscle
Strategies for muscle building can make life changing transformation. You need to combine together as many exercises as possible to see a huge difference in muscle growth.
- Begin with 3 full body weight training workouts every 2 days.
- Perform only one exercise per body part each full day workout but perform a different exercise for each part of the body every workout.
- Carbohydrates should be consumed in 2:1 ratio to protein after workout in liquid form.
- Drink atleast 4-6 liters of water daily.
- Ideally, aim to build 5-6 pounds of lean muscle mass every month, as anything more would be fat gain.
- Eat 10-15 servings of fruit and vegetables each day.
- Alternate between dumbbells and barbells every 2 weeks.
- Follow a program for at least 12-16 weeks before trying the next one.
- Consume a variety of whole eggs, chicken and lean beef throughout the day for high quality muscle building protein.
- Having a training partner can give extra push and motivation to experience faster muscular growth.
- Never train when hungry. Thanks for your request. The fat loss tips and metabolism calculator will be emailed to you within the next 20 minutes.In the meantime, please continue reading this page.
- A personal trainer can be hired for coaching on technique and form.
- A 1 ½ hour yoga or static stretching can do wonders.
- Train on the most under developed muscle group first in each workout.
- Avoid processed food, packaged food and fast food.
- Get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night.
- Cold shower after every intense weight training workout.
- Eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass each day.