Contemporary furniture is simple, sleek and uncluttered. It is characterized by simple lines and muted colors. Look for a blend of comfort and style with ergonomically designed contemporary furniture. Italy is internationally acclaimed and well known for exclusive range of designs, quality and variety of furniture. Italy is also famous for manufacturing well-designed and aesthetic contemporary furniture.
Classifying contemporary furniture
- Any furniture that is modern and suits current day trends and lifestyle can be termed as contemporary furniture.
- Contemporary furniture is designed by making use of modern and contemporary materials such as glass, chrome, composites and metals.
- The furniture is usually shaped to be quite angular or pointed with angle curves, discrete ends. The outlines may typically be lop-sided and not square as in traditional furniture.
- Carvings, embellishment and any other type of elaborate finish do not find place on pieces of contemporary furniture.
- The surfaces are even and the flow is a smooth line from one edge of the furniture to the other.
- Elegant, smooth, tech savvy and stylish are the words often used to illustrate contemporary furniture.
Contemporary furniture pieces need not necessarily mean that they have to be the modern pieces alone, old and classic pieces can be made to look contemporary too. There is a common perception that such contemporary furniture is too expensive but it is not so, there are affordable pieces of furniture as well.
Why choose contemporary furniture?
Furniture trends keep changing as do trends in clothing and accessories. Contemporary furniture is an answer to modern living and space deployment as long as the aesthetics suit your tastes.
- Contemporary furniture plays a vital role in changing the ambience of the entire house.
- Modern furniture need not be inhospitable and uncomfortable. Contemporary furniture can lend a warm welcome to your home too.
- These furniture pieces fit into the modern living rooms and lifestyle and often occupy lesser space and can be placed with ease and style to suit any décor.
- Contemporary furniture can be made to resemble classic pieces when chosen and designed with care.
- Contemporary furniture helps in redefining the look of any room by contributing to defined outlook, perfect blend of colors and the right contour.
Choosing contemporary furniture
Contemporary furniture speaks more of the simple looks, quality, delicate style and new appearance. Choosing the right furniture with focus on the tint, contour and area helps settle on on the right type of contemporary furniture.
Top of the Page: Contemporary Furniture Guide
- Contemporary furniture is usually black, white or neutral in color.
- Decide on the contour and area where the furniture has to be placed as each piece of contemporary furniture can make a statement.
- Fabric can be used to add to the touch and feel of the furniture other than providing a natural look to the furniture. A choice of silk, jute, wool, cotton and linen is available.
- Do not overcrowd any room or area with too many pieces of contemporary furniture; choose the right ones for the right place and enliven your home or office interiors.
- Typically the curves are designed to blend with those of the human body, without compromise of posture and space. Look for features such as height adjustment, reclining back and arm and leg rests.