A simple and swift makeover for any room, slipcovers can be used over any furniture to make it look great; give it a new lease of life. People who feel reupholstering their furniture is too expensive can use slipcovers to give their furniture. Slipcovers are available in cotton, chenille, velvet, leather look, denims, etc. Slipcovers can be chosen as per the season.
Slipcovers are also known as loose covers that are slipped on and off upholstered furniture. Slip covers are generally used for sofas, recliners, armchairs, loveseats and straight back chairs. Slipcovers, as the name implies can be slipped over furniture that needs to be protected from dust and wear and tear. It can be slipped off the furniture once it has to be washed. Slipcovers are a great way to protect the furniture in your house. Slipcovers are also termed as ‘clothing for furniture’.
Slipcovers are made from heavy-duty and washable fabric and are made to suit existing furniture pieces. Slipcovers are available in various qualities and price ranges much like other upholstery. Cotton slipcovers are a good choice in a home with kids and pets. They come in a wide hue of colors and prints and are easy to maintain. Twill weaves are yet another cost-effective option for sofa slip-covers. If you are looking for more formal slipcovers, pick them in velvet or linen.
- Fitted slipcovers fit any particular type of furniture and are held back in position using strong elastic.
- Throw slip covers are easier to fit than fitted slip covers. You have to throw them on the furniture and tuck them in between the cushions and backs. They do not have any elastic and resemble huge blankets.
You can choose slipcovers from a variety of colors and patterns to complement home décor. In households where pets are permitted into the house, slipcovers help protect the upholstery of the furniture.
Effective use of slipcovers
Top of the Page: Slipcover
- Furniture colors in a room may not match and some upholstery may have lost their original color due to wear and tear. You can use slipcovers to match all the furniture in a room. Choose the right color and fabric for slipcover that will enhance the décor of your room.
- Want to make your room look elegant and pure? Try using pure white slipcovers to cover the furniture in your room. This lends simplicity and freshness to the entire room.
- Folding chairs might start looking drab after a few years; you can use attractive slipcovers to give them a great and fresh look. You can also match these chairs with your dining chairs.
- Few people love their old furniture and don’t want to dispose them. Slipcovers are ideal in such a situation – give your old furniture a new look.
- For parties, you can use slipcovers over your furniture and make for a vibrant atmosphere.
- Slipcovers can be used to cover recliners, footstools, wing chairs etc.
- Slipcovers can provide protection for new furniture from pets and kids.