Acne is a chronic skin disorder that haunts teenagers and robs them off their night's sleep. Acne is very
common among teenagers but can affect a person belonging to any age group.
Action of hormones on the sebaceous glands blocks the pores of the skin thus
causing cysts or nodules. They are also known as pimples.
Acne is the most common skin disorder
that about 70% of the adolescent population suffers from. Almost 17 million
people in the United States
suffer from this problem. Pimples can be found on the face, back, neck, chest,
and shoulders. Acne is not a serious health problem but it can produce scars. Check
out natural remedies for acne so as to be able to control the eruptions and
reduce chances of scarring.
Natural remedies for acne
Relieve stress: Relieving stress or reducing stress can by itself often
Yoga: Yoga improves blood circulation thus prevents acne.
Exercise: Exercise removes stress and also improves blood
circulation thus preventing acne.
Drink plenty of water Drinking plenty of water can remove the
unwanted toxins from your body, this can help eliminate acne.
Herbal remedies: Lemon balm, horsetail, tancy, aloe vera, etc are
used to treat acne.
Honey: Apply a mask of honey at least once or twice a week. Its
antibacterial properties are known to cleanse the skin.
Hair: Ensure your hair doesn't fall on your face. Hair can make
your face oily thus causing pimples.
Special soap: Wash
your face twice a day with a sulfur based soap to control acne.
Multi-vitamin tablets: Vitamin deficiency can also cause acne;
sufficient Vitamin supply to the body can keep the skin healthy and free from
Minimize/avoid makeup: Using makeup regularly can clog the pores on
your skin. Avoiding makeup or using minimal makeup can reduce acne.
Never pick your acne: If you squeeze or pick acne, it will increase
sebum production thus causing pimples.
Quick home remedies for acne
- Orange peel is a wonderful treatment for acne.
- Drink 2 cups of rosemary tea everyday.
- Mix 2 tbsp of white sugar along with 1 tbsp of brown sugar wet it a little; rub
it on your face. This is an excellent remedy for acne.
- Boil 50gm of raspberry and strawberry/blackberry
leaves in 1.5 liters of water. Boil it for three minutes; apply it to your
face to relieve the itching sensation caused by acne.
- Mix 1 tbsp dried or fresh yeast with 2 tbsp of lemon
juice; apply on face. Wash face with lukewarm water after the pack dries up.
- Mix fresh lime juice and half a glass milk and apply
on the face.
- Mix oatmeal and natural yoghurt and apply it as a
pack on your face. Wash
face with lukewarm water after the pack dries up.
- Soak lettuce in water; use this water to wash your
- Wash face with avocado paste to reduce acne.
- Drink wheatgrass juice everyday to control acne.
- Roast and powder the peel of pomegranate mix this
powder with fresh lime juice and apply it on the face. This will reduce
- Cook oatmeal and apply on the face for fifteen
minutes, wash and pat dry.
- Rub a garlic clove on the acne repeatedly.
- Drink Carrot/ cucumber juice or eat them raw.
How to prevent acne
- Reduce oil in your food, limit oily food.
- Consume plenty of fresh juice.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Consume a diet filled with Vitamin E and C, the
antioxidant property of these vitamins will help control acne.
- Remove blackheads on a regular basis.
- Cut down on fatty food, nuts and chocolates.
- Avoid oily and synthetic makeup.
- Clean your skin regularly and cautiously.