Marriage is the union of two hearts and souls taking the vows to follow life's path, with love and respect for each other. The years spent together bring along hurdles and pleasures, good times and bad. Each year spent together after the sound of their wedding bell is symbolic of the strength each couple derives from this unique bond.
Every wedding anniversary is special and what better way to express your feelings than to select the right wedding anniversary gift. Look up our list for traditional wedding anniversary gifts. Pick up tips on selecting gifts for 50th wedding anniversary.
Wedding anniversary gift idea
Choosing a gift for your loved ones can leave you confused. You can select from the list of traditional wedding anniversary gifts and personalize them. Even a personalized poem makes for a wonderful gift, a poem recollecting the days spent together.
For Him: For men who love to spend their weekends on the golf course, golf sticks or the entire golf kit could be an ideal gift. For others who love to try their hands on DIY projects, a set of tools would serve well as a wedding anniversary gift. If your man seeks refuge from the hustle and bustle of a hectic life, a beach resort holiday would be the best retreat.
For Her: Banish the myth that men do not know to choose the right gift for their wives. Chalk out your budget before you buy a gift. Some women love jewelry, so a pair of ear drops or a delicate pendant would be nice to gift on your wedding anniversary. You can go in for antique jewelry or even a jewelry box. Few others may want to relax and unwind, so you can book a session at a spa. Often a bunch of roses can speak a lot.
- Couple bean bags
- Ceramic ware, glassware, pottery
- Paintings and artifacts
- Home décor gifts
- Weekend getaway retreats, restaurant bookings for dinners etc
- Gift baskets filled with cookies or chocolates or any gourmet of personal choice
- Fresh flowers, dried flowers, flower arrangements
- Camping kits, golf kits, sports equipments, sports watches, electronic gadgets
Twenty fifth wedding anniversary gifts
A quarter century spent together in harmony calls for great celebration. Every couple would cherish their 25th wedding anniversary as it speaks volume about their love and understanding for each other. When so much is spoken and done about twenty fifth anniversaries, it calls for the right type of gift too. Traditional and modern wedding anniversary gift for the 25th year is silver, silver speaks of harmony. Celebrating silver jubilee years of married life can be marked by presenting the spouse with silver articles as a gift.
- Roses, lilacs or other flowers in a silver vase can be the best way to express your love. Iris is the traditional flower that represents twenty five years of togetherness.
- Frame a memorable picture in a silver frame and present it as a gift.
- A piece of silver jewelry like silver keychain, silver wrist watch, tie pin or money clip.
- Buy books and place them in a silver case and gift them, they will remain a treasure forever.
- Silverware of any sort such as pill box, silver cutlery and silver candleholders.
- Gift certificates from jewelry shops that sell silver articles.
- Write a poem in silver ink and seal it in a silver envelope and gift it.
- A break at Silver Springs, Florida, Silver strand beach in California could also make a great anniversary.
50th wedding anniversary gifts
Fifty years of facing life together molds the couple to a great extent. They become like pebbles in the sea, soft and beautiful after facing all the ups and downs of life. No wonder gold has always been chosen as the traditional and modern gift for fifty years of togetherness. Gold is a treasure and is held with care and love, so are fifty years of married life. Prosperity and cheerfulness are associated with gold.
- Gold pendants with photos of the couple, gold chain, gold pen set, gold key ring, and gold wrist watch can make wonderful gifts.
- A simple yet lovable gift can a bunch of red roses with a golden rose in between. Violet is the flower that marks 50th wedding anniversary.
- You can put together 50 items such as sugared almond, blended coffee etc in a golden wrapper and gift it.
- Write a poem in gold ink, frame it in a golden envelope and this can serve as a wonderful gift.
- Take a family picture of the couple with their children, grand children and frame it in golden frame.
- If the couple loves books, you can gift them books with gold-leaf edges or with gold bookmark.
- Optical glasses, the most used item at that age, with gold frames will be remembered forever.
- Wine glasses with gold rim
- Restaurant vouchers would be a welcome gift as the couple would love to take a break from the kitchen.
- Theater tickets at the VIP lounge could be a treat too.
Traditional wedding anniversary gifts
Traditional wedding anniversary gifts are understood to have originated in Europe and later on spread to all parts of the world. Each year of the wedding anniversary is marked with a particular item as gift.