All of us just need a reason to party, to have friends and family over for an enjoyable evening. Finger foods are ideal for informal get-togethers and as hors d'oeuvre for cocktail parties or Superbowl parties. Finger food includes a variety of foods that can be eaten with the hands, without the need for cutlery. Finger food is the preferred choice when it comes to the choice for snack time. Bid farewell to the knives, fork and spoons ... enjoy finger foods right off the plate !
All you need is a paper napkin and you are ready to start eating. Finger foods come in appealing and diminutive portions as starters. Finger foods are also called appetizers, cocktail accompaniments or party foods. Try out some simple finger food recipes.
Quick Navigation :Finger Food Guide | Finger Food Recipe
What better way to chill out over a weekend than to organize a cozy cocktail party! Treat your guests to the best of cocktails and tasty finger foods. Finger foods bring out the sleeping artist in you by allowing you many ways to present munchies in a variety of appetizing ways from Mexican tacos and enchiladas to sausage rolls and kebabs.
Finger foods can range from previous day's party leftovers to grilled mushrooms, tortilla chips or kebabs. Be it shrimps or Chinese chicken wings or even fresh crunchy vegetables with an array of dips - let your taste buds savor the experience. Just keep in mind to make your finger food just big enough to eat civilly in one piece and yet not small enough to pick up two at a time.
Finger food guide
- Grilled bell peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables work well as healthy finger foods.
- Chips of different kinds are a must-have finger food snack for kids. You can also provide children with bread rolls and crusted buns. Give them various dips and salsa.
- Cookies, fruit tartlets and mini muffins make for excellent desserts for finger food parties.
- Why not get innovative with wraps and pita bread? You can fill them with an array of fillings seasoned with mustard or mayonnaise or other spices.
- Deli meats and cheese are great for finger food. You can either serve them cold or warm them just before you set them out.
- Arm yourself with adequate napkins and toothpicks for your finger foods.
- Chicken wings can be served honey-glazed or sweet-and-sour.
- Delicious vol au vents stuffed with a variety of stuffings are another great option for finger food.
- Serve fish kebabs drizzled with lemon oil or set out a basket of prawn crackers.
- Mini ratatouille with dipping sauce or crab cakes with sweet chili dipping sauce are great options for finger foods.
Finger food recipes
Finger food recipe Chicken N Cheese
Bread crumbs 2/3 cup
All- purpose flour 2/3 cup
Oregano ¼ tsp
Basil ¼ tsp
Grated parmesan cheese ½ cup
Thyme ¼ tsp
Ground black pepper ½ tsp
Chicken drumsticks 6 pieces
Chicken wings 6 pieces
Mix Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, flour, basil, thyme, oregano, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Lay this mixture on a greased baking sheet. Dip chicken pieces in milk and coat with breadcrumbs. Place them on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
Finger food recipe for Chili chips in cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese ½ cup
Chili powder to taste
Flour tortillas 6 inch
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Finely grated lime peel ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Mix Parmesan cheese, grated lime peel, chili powder and salt. Place this mix on top of each tortilla chip. Bake them on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
Finger food recipe for Cheese crunch
Fat free cream cheese 1 package
Crescent rolls 2 packets
Parmesan cheese (grated) 1 cup
Red bell pepper (chopped) 1 cup
Fresh parsley (chopped) ¼ cup
Mix fat free cream cheese and Parmesan cheese until blended well. Spread this mix onto the middle of the rolls. Bake till golden brown.
Low calorie finger food recipe
Finger food recipe for Grilled Vegetables
Sweet red pepper 1
Sweet yellow pepper 1
Button mushrooms 100 gm
Red onion 1
Large courgette 1
Cherry tomatoes 200 gm
Garlic (crushed) 1 clove
Dried mixed herbs 1 tsp
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Prepare the vegetables by cutting peppers into cubes, onions into quarters and courgettes into rings. Make a mix of lemon juice, garlic, herbs and olive oil. Add the vegetables to the mixture. Put them on skewers and grill them for about 15 minutes.
Finger food recipe for Lite chicken pick
Chicken meat 2 cups (shredded and roasted)
Light cream cheese ¼ cup
Margarine ¼ cup
Dry mustard 1tsp
Ground cloves 1/8 tsp
Ground nutmeg ¼ tsp
Garlic (minced) 1tsp
Dried currants 1/3 cup
Sweet onion (chopped) ½ cup
Cayenne pepper, celery salt
Blend all ingredients till smooth and creamy. Chill for several hours. Serve with wheat crackers or slices of multigrain bread.
Finger food recipe for party cheese ball
Light cream cheese 1 packet
Margarine (low Trans fat) ¼ cup
Instant cedar cheese sauce 11/2 tsp
Sharp cedar cheese 1 cup (shredded)
Lemon juice 11/2 tsp
Onion (green) 2 tbsp (thinly sliced)
Parsley 2tsp (finely chopped)
Walnut or peanut ¼ cup (chopped)
Blend margarine, cedar cheese, cream cheese, green onion and parsley in a bowl till smooth. In a shallow bowl, put the chopped nuts. Roll the cheese mixtures in to balls and coat with the nuts. Wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.