Give your entire house a festive look this Christmas. The enthusiasm and cheer will permeate around and you can revel in seeing the happy smiles. Add a Christmas centerpiece on your mantle or dining table. What is Christmas without candles? Now is the time to indulge in decorative votive and floating candles. Hang up Christmas wreaths and bring alive the holiday season.
Enjoy the beauty and elegance of a Christmas centerpiece on your holiday table. Pine cones, elegant candles, holly berries, flowers, bows, candles - Christmas centerpieces are made of these! You can create interesting arrangements by mixing and matching ornaments, holly, foliage and candles. Choose decorative bowls of glass, silver, wood, crystal, brass or ceramic. Choose a blend of colors that make for an aesthetic centerpiece. Select a mix of shiny and matte ornaments. Incorporate sleighs, Santa, cookie jars - items that reflect the festive theme. Wrap your candles with raffia. Use the holiday colors of red, white and gold. Scatter pinecones and cinnamon sticks.
- Incorporate different hues of green into your Christmas centerpiece or table arrangement. Add cypress, mistletoe and evergreen. In ancient times, it was considered lucky to bring foliage into the home during the holiday season - a harbinger of impending spring.
- Use flowers to best advantage. Get a professional arrangement as a stylish Christmas centerpiece or put together a splash of fresh color with different flowers. Use decorative containers like champagne flutes, glass bowls or attractive jars. You can place them on the mantel, over the threshold, on the dining table or in the bedroom.
- An eye-catching Christmas centerpiece must create a festive, cozy and warm ambience, resplendent with the festive joy you want to spread. You can place candlesticks or tall candleholders on your table for a simple yet elegant centerpiece.
- You can choose to add small gifts like nuts and candies or trinkets around the Christmas centerpiece.
- Plan and place Christmas centerpieces on tables such that they do not obstruct the view of the diners. What is also essential is to plan its size according to the availability of space on the table. You can coordinate your tablecloth, place mats and napkins to the centerpiece décor.
- Ensure that foliage used for Christmas table centerpieces are clean since food is going to be served nearby.
Now is the time to get out the family heirloom and make it the focus of your Christmas table. You can select centerpieces that will stay fresh the entire holiday season. Arrangements with balsam fir, cedar boughs, frosted cones and silver holly berries make for an eye-catching centerpiece.
Candles are synonymous with Christmas. Their soft glow is symbolic of hope and happiness. Decorative candles, scented candles, floating candles, gel candles, two-sided candles - the choice is wide. Christmas nativity candles bring beauty and cheer to your home or office. Use them in a decorative Christmas centerpiece or gift them as a keepsake to a loved one.
Personalized scented candles come with scented votive gift boxes. Christmas candles have come a long way from the simple prayer candles that were used for Christmas decorating. Pick up designer Christmas candles, handmade and unique. You can find Christmas candles in traditional themes - nativity, Santa Claus, country church or even conical and pyramid shapes. These candles make for magnificent gifts for the festive season.
You can use Christmas candles to decorate each room with love and care. Get innovative with simple Christmas candles. Place them in hurricane lanterns and decorate foyers and porches. You can light up the entry hall with small votives. Christmas candles add special cheer to any Christmas tree. Bring warmth into your home with candles of all sizes and shapes. Use floating Christmas candles in glass vases or urns. Teamed with fresh flowers, they sure are a delightful treat. Use pebbles, sand, glass balls along with colored candles and create exquisite Christmas centerpieces. Decorative bowls, champagne glasses, margarita glasses and canning jars make for wonderful candleholders. Use terra cotta holders or make do with old chinaware.
- Ensure that Christmas candles are out of draughts so that they burn evenly and safely.
- Take care to place the Christmas candles on a non-flammable receptacle.
- Do not lighted candles on Christmas trees.
- Place candles where they cannot be knocked down or blown over.
Get into the festive spirit and place handmade Christmas wreaths, symbolic of the festival of hope and happiness. Online stores offer many options for Christmas wreaths. Fresh Christmas wreaths are made with fir tips, incense cedar, juniper, red cedar and pine cones. The rich texture and color of red huckleberry adds a special touch to any Christmas wreath. Other decorative wreaths come with crimson berries and burgundy apples. The aroma of pine brings to mind the rich and deep forests. You can choose artificial Christmas wreaths, with lifelike foliage and decorative lights. These wreaths are built on a strong wire ring. Take to ensure that the Christmas wreath is not crushed when you are storing it for the next year. Keep it free of dust and rodents.